Sponsored By Timberline Meat
ENTRY IS CLOSED – The Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce the Fourth Annual Chili Cook Off at Music Fair and Feast. This event is guaranteed to draw in a crowd of people who want to cook, sample and vote. We will begin the Chili Cook Off at 2:30pm. This category is for ages 18+. The chili will be judged in three categories: People’s choice aka The Best Chili in Sandy ($200 Prize), Judges Choice ($100 Prize), and Chef’s Choice ($50 Prize).
There is a $25 participation fee.
By completing this registration you are acknowledging that you, on behalf of your child, agree to the following guidelines.
● Participants are required to supply 3 gallons of each chili entry, along with a listing of main ingredients such as pork, beef, or vegetarian.
● Participants must provide a table and extension cord.
● Participants must have people present to serve samples of the chili. Chamber will supply sample cups and spoons.
● Participants are welcome bring a tabletop business sign and can choose to bring promotional items to distribute.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Who can drink beer at the Chili Cook-Off / Music Fair and Feast?
Those that are 21+ may purchase beer from the beer garden with a wristband. Proper ID must be shown in order to receive a wristband.
2. Can I sell items at my table?
No, but you may give away any promotional items you’d like. The more things you give away, the better chance you’ll have at winning the People’s Choice category!
3. Who will be judging my chili?
Our judge’s choice award will be determined by our head judges from our sponsors at Timberline Meat. People’s choice award will be decided from a popular vote from the crowd. And chef’s choice will be voted on by the fellow chili chefs.
4. What if it rains?
The event is rain or shine. We recommend bringing a tent for this reason.
5. Do I need to be present to win?
Yes. Winners will be announced by 4:30PM.
6. What does the Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce provide?
The SACC provides a sign for your table, napkins, sample utensils and sample cups.
7. Are pets allowed at the event?
Well behaved dogs on a leash are welcome!